In Booking Manager you can put equipment items to the inventory of the boat in order to present your boat better, but before you can add items to the boat inventory, you need to enter them into the system using the Equipment editor.
Go to Setup > Equipment editor to open it. Once you enter it you will notice 2 columns in it.
- On the left is the Categories and you need to define them before you start entering the equipment items.
- On the right is the Equipment where you define items within the specific category.
Defining equipment categories
Defining categories is very simple.
- Click on New
- Enter the name of the category
- Press Apply . Repeat as many times as required.
- You can translate the name of the category to the available languages by clicking on the category and selecting the flag of the language, entering the translation and pressing Apply, the same way as in the rest of the program where translating is available.
Adding equipment items
- Select the category to which you want to assign the item
- Then press New
- Enter the item name
- Assign Data type
- Press Apply
- You can select the item and translate it's name, same way as with category name
Data types of equipment items
There are 4 data types available for equipment items.
The most common is the Logical type. It that one is selected the system will write the name of the item where the equipment is listed.
When you use Data type number when adding the item to the inventory you can state how many pieces of the item are in the inventory.
E.g. - you put Service battery and data type to number. On adding it to the inventory you will be able to enter a number of how many are there. The equipment list will in that case show: Service battery (number).
Similar to Number, only upon adding to the inventory you are able to enter a description as opposed to a number.
Similar to Number, only upon adding to the inventory you are able to enter a decimal as opposed to a number.