In the Booking manager system, you can setup a discount to be calculated automatically according to the set Reservation period. Such a discount is useful in defining early booking in advance.
1. Finding the Discount manager
The Discount manager can be found in Setup > Discount types.
2. Setting the discount for a particular reservation period
- Press New to open a new discount
- Give the Discount name
- Set the Trigger type to the Reservation period
- Next set the Sailing period Start and End date
- Next set the Order period Valid from and Valid until dates
- Select Discount kind-by percentage, by amount, or free days
- Set the Default value of the discount
- Press Apply
This example gives you the Early booking discount that will be valid for the sailing period for the whole 2021 only if the agent places an order until February 1st, 2021.
4. Excluding other discounts and ignoring the maximum discount
Additional flexibility to creating such a discount is given with two features that can be found in
- Advanced section
Here if you place a check on
2. Exclude other discounts
3. Remove the check from Affected by maximum
4. Press Apply
You will get a discount that will not apply to other discounts and can ignore the maximum discount set in Reservation settings (if required) that will be applied only in the timeframe set for the Reservation period.
5. Translating the discount
Now this name of the option can be translated by pressing the flag. After you pressed the flag button a list of flags representing their respective languages will appear. The list consists of 18 languages. The red ones are not translated.
For more details please refer to Translating the Options and Discounts