Local Booking Manager has the option to create contracts by merging them with the appropriate template.
Merging the Template from the Local Computer
After your Template is ready in docx. format, it should be saved in an easily accessible location as it has to be merged to each reservation separately (for example, your desktop).
Template can contain information about the agent or guest or both.
Therefore both have to be entered in the Address book so the template has the information to merge.
Go to Preferences- Printing
- Select Agency/Client in Reservation details
- Choose Guest name (from Address book)
- Select the contract template for merging by clicking on the Green icon
If the template is in correct format LBM will alert you that it has detected the template and will try to fill it, so press Ok
- When the contract is merged LBM will generate the Contract number
- You can open the merged contract in Word by clicking on magnifying glass icon
- If you want to send it by email select envelope sign
Merging the Template directly from Local Booking Manager
To be able to merge the Template directly from the application, first you need to add it into application
After your ready Template is stored on desktop for example
Go to Preferences-Printing
- Go on the tab Custom templates and Select New
- Add a Name for the Contract
- Select a green sign
- Choose it from the location on PC where you've stored it previously (desktop)
- Select Open
6. Select document type- Charter contract
7. Choose if contract will be printed for End client(guest) or for Agency
8. Choose for which languages it will apply
9. Click Save
10. Select Apply
Go to Reservation for which you want to merge contract
- In the Reservation tab click in the field Contract no
When you open the contract in Word you can inspect the merged data.
The merged contract contains the fixed data, like your logo, company info, bank details etc. and merged data.