When creating an invoice for the charter agent, in some VAT jurisdictions, the service provider needs to declare and charge the VAT on the commission of the domestic agency/broker. This tax can be set globally or per individual partner in the Address Book.
How to setup and control VAT for Agency Commission
Go to Work > Addressbook and use the
- Filter to find all agents by country since in cases of Italian and Croatian companies it is necessary to set the tax rate for all domestic brokers.
- You can click on the Code to sort them according to the time of entry. The higher code number is a newer entry.
- Select the partner
- Click on the Misc tab. Find the Agent commission/discount tax row
- Select Custom option
- Place a check
- Enter the percentage value of the tax
- Press Apply to finish.
- After this setting is being checked, all new reservations done for that particular agent will have the tax rate set automatically
NOTE: This setting doesn't work retroactively, meaning it will not automatically add the new tax on reservations that are already done
- To achieve this on reservations made before setting the individual tax rate, you are able to set this tax directly on a particular agency commission in the Calculation section of the Reservation by double-clicking on tax rate field and entering the tax rate manually.
As a result, when a tax rate is set on the Agency commission it will be declared on the invoices generated from the Booking Manager: