Tasks editor module is used to deﬁne the tasks that will be carried out on yachts and on warehouse articles.
Tasks Editor can be found in your Local Booking Manager> Maintance> Tasks Editor.
Tasks are presented in a table form and can be ﬁltered (1) by the year in which it was intended to start, by group/status in which they are and by the workshop, yacht, category, worker, description and date on which task was created, date when the task was ﬁnished, etc.
Also, on the right side, you can see the task status (2) and on the right side here are marked task statuses in colors (3):
Yellow-> Planned task
Green-> Task in progress
Purple-> Completed task
You can create a new task, delete the existing and duplicate the selected task (4).
Duplication can be done in two ways:
- Single task - the task is fully duplicated with all its parameters
- To all yachts - the task will be duplicated on all yachts that are enabled for tasks in the Yachts editor Work >Yachts > Properties >Enable for tasks
Each task can assign:
- Description - The description of the task
- Yacht – yacht (or multiple yachts) on which task will be executed
- Worker - a worker (or multiple workers) from default staﬀ group who will perform the task
In the tab Properties (5) you can find the following:
- Code - arbitrary code for your task. The system will automatically apply next available code upon new task creation
- Status - the current status of the task which can be planned, in progress or completed
- Category - previously deﬁned categories in the Task category editor
- Workshop - workshops previously deﬁned in the Workshops/Warehouses editor in which to perform the task
- Created - the date when the task is created
- Warning - the date when the user will be warned about an upcoming assignment. Pressing the button next to it you can send messages to workers with all the parameters of the task which is to be performed. In addition, it is possible to deﬁne a message in the Message settings (Preferences > Message settings >E-mail task warning)
- Planned start - the date when it is planned to start the task
- Start - the real beginning of task execution. If the task does not start on time it will be visible to the user in a table view. The overdue task will have a red square marker.
- Planned ﬁnish - the date when completion is planned
- Finish - the actual completion of task execution. If the task does not ﬁnish on time it will be visible to the user in a table view. The overdue task will have a red square marker.
- Remarks - additional notes related to the task
Activities and Articles
This section Activities and Articles (6) deﬁnes the activities that need to be made so the task can be successfully ﬁnished and the articles which will be used.
Activities and articles ﬁrst need to be deﬁned in Activities/Articles editor, as previously described, in order to be able to assign them to the task. In the column Type (7) you can see is it activity or article. Regardless of how a certain activity or article is deﬁned it can be further changed when it is applied to the task. In this way, you can quickly and eﬃciently add activities and articles whose price or work hours relatively frequently change without the need for constant changes in Activity/Article editor or duplication of the same activity or article that has diﬀerent parameters. Each activity and article can be assigned to a certain worker who will carry out that activity/article. If a speciﬁc worker isn't assigned it means that this activity will be carried out by all workers which are added to the task of the article that has been used by all of them. Each activity can be deﬁned as ﬁnished and the date of completion can be assigned regardless of the completion date of the task. An individual article (and activity) is added (8) in such a way that it is selected from a warehouse, which we have previously deﬁned and where we assigned its articles. Once you have selected the articles and entered the quantity and possibly corrected the price, they should be deducted (9) from the warehouse so the article can be taken oﬀ and warehouse stock can be updated. If some of them already deducted articles you want to return to the warehouse because it will not be used to perform the task, you must select the Return (10) button and the article will be returned to the warehouse. When the article is deducted from the warehouse it can not be changed or deleted. In order to change it, you ﬁrst need to return it back to the warehouse. It is important to emphasize that the current amount of articles can not be manually deﬁned in the warehouse but have to be added through the tasks. This can be done in a way that, for example, you deﬁne a task called "Adding articles to the warehouse". Then you assign articles to this task and set their amount to a negative value. For example, if we want to add 50 light bulbs in a warehouse, we set the amount of this article at -50 and deduct it from the warehouse. Then 50 light bulbs will be added to the warehouse.
Task costs are shown on Cost tab (11) and they can be automatically calculated by pressing the "Calculate duration and price" button (12).
The automatic calculation method takes into account the duration and cost of all activities and the amount and price of all articles that are assigned to the task.
- Duration (h) - a total duration of the task in hours
- Price - the basic price of the task
- Charge to - select who will be charged the cost of the task. You can choose own cost, yacht owner and include in maintenance.
- Extra cost - the percentage of the additional cost
- Discount - discount amount as a percentage
- Tax - the amount of tax as a percentage
If you click on the Invoice button (13) system will automatically create a new custom reservation for you with all costs that are contained in this task.
You can decide if you want to show only the total amount on the invoice or all activities and articles costs. This option is located in Preferences->Reservation settings->Invoice->Create an invoice from the task with the total amount.
Additionally, if you choose to charge this task to the owner then the owner will be automatically selected from the address book and applied to this custom reservation. When the new invoice has been created you can view it or print it directly from the task. Once the invoice has been produced for a certain task you can't produce another invoice for this task.
The look of the task editor can be changed so that it shows all tasks in the table view. This view can be turned on in the main menu by choosing View->Switch view